Wednesday, August 09, 2006

NDP 2006

Yep! Today is Singapore's 41st Birthday. It was also the last celebration held at the Kallang National Stadium.
Quite an emotional feeling for me as the National Stadium brings back a lot of fond memories.
I remembered watching a Mariah Carey concert held at the Stadium & the one that I could not forget are the endless soccer matches especially the Malaysian Cup. That really brought me back to those school days. Ayu & Suresh would encourage almost everyone in the class to go watch every single match at the Stadium.
It was realli fun. Those swearing & cursing at the players & the referee, "Referee Kayu! Kelong! Kelong!!" & also not to forget the Kallang Wave.
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAA
I had my fairshare taking part in the NDP when it was last held at the National Stadium a couple of years back. It was an overwhelming experience. An experience which will be embedded in my mind for as long as I live.
The Kallang National Stadium will always have a place in my heart & I know other Singaporeans will feel the same way I do.
Happy 41st Birthday Singapore!