Parting is such sweet sorrow

Syed Ahmad Syed Ibrahim or more famously known as Syah Ibrahim.
Syah has been a DJ with mediacorp for almost 16years & the last few years with RIA 89.7.
Sad to say hari ini adalah hari terakhir Syah menjadi DJ di RIA.
He may not be the best DJ tapi dia di minati from people of all walks of life.
Not only beliau berjaya menambat hati peminat berbangsa melayu but also yang berbangsa asing seperti Hemachandra & Kamal Suresh(i hope i got their names right.hehee)
Though I do not sms or call as often as LELA(hehehee), I'd followed Syah's segment religously .Tiap-tiap pagi confirm tak miss his show. He has this flair for making your day. His jokes & his comments never fail to make you laff. Ada kala pat dlm train tu, mata tutup tapi tengah menten tu. Tengah menahan dari ketawa. Sumtimes it is too farnie I'd just burst out laughing. Of course, mesti,lah orang-orang pat dlm train tu will look at you. You can just read their faces saying "GILA!". hahahahahhaha!
In other words, Syah ni candi,lah orang nya.
Today's segment wif Syah is the most terharu sekali. Those who listened to his show this morning wil know wat I mean. Ujan pulak tu. Suasana so mendak!
Yang paling terharu is when this pakcik from Jurong Island tak silap who called in to say his goodbye to Syah. Tak ingat,lah nama dier sapa. But this pakcik just broke down bila nak kasi ucapan. He sounded so sad & so sincere. Apa lagi, I broke down too. Nasib baik nari off, so menangis pat katil jek. Sanggup tau bangun pagi on my off day just to listen to Syah's last show on air.
I guess Syah was overwhelmed too by his fan's reaction coz he didn't say a word. I was so touched by the last song he played. Lagu yg selalu didengarkan when he end his show at Warna dulu.
What I wanted to say is, to me, Syah Ibrahim is one of the greatest DJ locally. There are other DJ's that come & go but none that leaves behind an impact that great on his fans. You not only entertain us but You give us kata-kata motivasi for us to get by.
To Syah, as one of ur fans, I doakan that you will come back after a long break. Tak kira sebagai Syah Ibrahim the DJ or as Syed Ahmad, we hope that you will not forget the memories that your fans have given you.
Below, the parting words frm Syah I got from a friend.
==============================================
It was like only yesterday that I went for the then "Radio Dua" DJ Workshopinterview at Goldhill Plaza in 1990. Very nervous... as I sat acrosswell-respected radio personalities.....Tuan Hj Hashim Yusof, Puan HayateeYusof & Puan Suharti Ali. Remembered how I was told off.....that I didnt have the voice, no flare, no excitement. In short, I wasnt what they were looking for. "Well, who wants to be in that radio DJ Workshop anyway"...I thought . Off I went !A letter came weeks after. I was selected amongst the 5 boys & 5 gals for the 1st ever 2weeks Radio DJ workshop. As eager as I could be ! Waiting at the reception area of the then SBC in June 1990. There she was.....The everpopular... Suharti Ali ! Fetching us into the building. My 1st Teacher....who introduced me to the ABCs of RADIO BROADCASTING. The person & moment I will never ever forget ! (Thank You, Cikgu!)By the time some of us were offered to be in a NEW Radio station....which was later called RIA 89.7FM, I was already accepted into SIA Flight CrewTraining School as I was advised that Deejaying is a dead end job. Then I was partnered with Kak Noreha in her 1-hour weekly recorded prog "Sampaikan Salam" on Warna 94.2FM. Not long after I was part-timing in conty .SYed AHmad Bin Syed Ibrahim was transformed into Syah Ibrahim.A good camouflage I thought, in case I didnt make it !How I started reading my FIRST full news bulletin ? Kak Zakiah called me 2days before Hari Raya & convinced me that I could do it . She was in charge of the roster then.Not sure was it becoz I was good enuff or becoz no one wants to be in Contyon the eve of Hari Raya. I guessed it was more of the latter .....but who cares! It was a BIG deal to be able to read the full news bulletin, then !May 1997.....Kak Zakiah called again. This time with a full-time job offerin Warna. I was in a dillema. To be on the air.....or on the airwaves!! I couldnt decide. In September, she called again & gave me only 3days to think. I took the offer !Well, here I am now ! Speechless ! Lost for words! As I now arrive at along transit point, if not the end, of what I have never ever been more than so passionate about in my whole life........BROADCASTING.... DEEJAYING..... RADIO.I have so many that I owe my endless gratitude to . Especially to all my senior comrades in Warna.Who have guided me. Who have corrected me.Who have constructively criticised me. Who have groomed me. Who have tolerated me.I will never be able to repay YOU, my beloved. Your kindness, sincerity,care & concern.
Should I have wronged you.....your forgiveness I humbly seek.NO WORDS would ever suffice to express my most sincere & deepest appreciation.
THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.
And May the Almighty Bless each & everyone of YOU.Should I be back on air again in months to come..... we will continue our journey together.Should it be that this is my last e-mail to some......I'm sure ourpaths will crosss in future.However, you can still emel me at syah@ev.com.sg
Beloved Friends, Since happiness is not a destination.....may I wish each of us a pleasant trip on its journey .....
With lots of luv & happiness........
yours sincerely, syah ibrahim.
From: Zakia Halim
Sent: Wed 4/26/2006 5:44 PM
To:
Cc:
Subject: Syah
Dear all,
Ria DJ Syah Ibrahim has requested for a long leave.
Tomorrow is Syah’s lastday on air before going for his leave.
I’m sure there’ll be many who’ll be asking, from listeners, sponsors, mediaetc, suffice to say that he is taking leave and for new development ,
just continue tuning in to the radiostations.
And to Syah,On behalf of all staff, I wish him all the very best and hope that he’llhave a good , well deserved break!!!
Regards,Zakiah